As with any area of knowledge or skill, just because a person is able does not mean they can teach it to others. How many of us have experienced a mathematics or science teacher who left us merely confused ...
A good training course will equip you with not only the knowledge but also the skills and techniques to be able to stand up in front of a group of students and create the optimum learning environment.
What to look for in a suitable course
- Endorsement by a recognised awarding body
- Well established /good reputation
- Experienced and qualified tutors
- Ease of contact
- Student support and after service
- Job and careers advice
- Training courses can be classroom based or online/distance learning or a combination of both; full or part time.
NB: The terms TEFL and TESOL mean basically exactly the same thing; teaching English to people whose first language is not English.